Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hymns Project

So, I think that some of you are already aware of this, but over the last two months, I've been working on a new record with my church - the first ever put out by the college group ("COLLEGE GROUP", as it's called). Anyway, I was sitting in front of my Mac, recording some perc, and listening down to what I've worked on with a pair of JBL Control 1 speakers, and I realized something: as much as I am working, I am being blessed by the music and lyrics of the songs.

Now let me back up a little here: First of all, when I say "blessed", I mostly mean the same way that anyone can be "blessed" in life - not in a hyper- wacky-spiritual way... Second of all, when I say "hymns" it usually leaves a bad taste in people's mouths. Don't let it! Trust me, the last thing you'd find me doing is recording some old dude behind an organ with a church congregation singing along. This is a ROCK album - ala Jars of Clay's "Redemption Songs". Anyway, I think you'll love it. It will be out somewhere around the beginning of the Spring college semester of this year (Spring 2008).

No comments:

Post a Comment