Friday, July 25, 2008

A Busted Nose Means...

A busted nose, apparently, means that it's time to buy new studio monitors. I was playing basketball during lunch, with a few guys I work with, and not five minutes in to the game, I got popped in the nose. Crunch. "Are you okay?!?" Blood.

Well that makes it sound a lot worse than it was. As it turns out, I didn't break it. But this was my first bloody nose ever, so it was quite an experience for me. I went inside, grabbed some paper towels and ice, and sat in a dark room for about a half hour. A day later, nothing is swollen, but my nose is a little sore, and tender to the touch.

Upon arriving home, I was faced with a decision - though unrelated to my early nose incident. I received an email from a friend of mine, who has graciously allowed me to borrow his JBL Control 1 monitors for the last six months.

Unfortunately, he needed them back about a week ago, and I found myself in a desperate situation: trying to finish up a new EP by mid-September without any speakers! So in a passionate moment of determination, carefully seasoned by a pinch of sense and reason, I went to Guitar Center, where my friends Brian, Melissa, and Karl hooked me up.

So what did I get!?!?! The speakers that I have longed for since first introduced on the market: JBL LSR 4328's. Mmmmmmmm....... Yeah....... I'll let you know what I think of them, once I've had a few days to play around with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment