Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Selling Stuff on Craigslist

Boy, this can be addicting, let me tell you... Over the past six weeks, I've sold off the parts of my old Macintosh G4 tower computer. It was a single processor 1.25 GHz. Boy, I loved that thing. It has been hard for me to sell - to see the tower go, then the components - one by one. Alas, today I sold off the second to last component - the 17" Apple LCD Studio Monitor - for 70 whoppers.

Over these six weeks, I've found Craigslist to be an essential resource - nay, the only resource - in selling my stuff. I'd check to see what other people are trying to get for their used stuff, think about what I'd be willing to pay for it - a fair price, and create my ad. Magic. Days later I'd end up with a friendly email from a buyer. The person would come and pick it up at my apartment, and that would be the end of that.

So, I have to say, I have really enjoyed listing stuff on CL, negotiating a price, and selling stuff. There are at least three more things now that I'm going to be listing in the next week or so: two, old laptops and a Wurlitzer organ - stuff that my family just has lying around and doesn't use any more.

I think I'm hooked.

Have you ever sold anything on Craigslist?

No comments:

Post a Comment