Thursday, April 11, 2013

What I'm Listening To, Song Sketches Online

A couple weeks ago, there was a terribly large number of really great albums that were released. I'd like to introduce you to a few of those artists here... Before I go there, though, I'd like to mention two things:

Brad Paisley's new album, Wheelhouse, came out a couple days ago. My first impressions of the record match my impressions of nearly every other he has done: he's a fantastic guitarist who's not afraid to rip. And some of his songwriting is very good. But I'm not talking about the poppy stuff or the pop culture-laden songs. Those are fun and catchy in there own right, but it's dumb writing, if you ask me. The point is, anything Mr. Paisley releases is worth checking out. I say that about few other artists. (John Mayer is another one.)

Next: I'm going to start posting my song sketches to my SoundCloud profile. Follow me there and you'll get to hear a lot of the stuff I'm working on - sections of new songs or full, new songs - recorded on my phone. Here's that direct link: https://soundcloud.com/jaymathes


Okay, so here's what I've been listening to lately:

Stornoway - Tales from Terra Firma
Phosphorescent - Muchacho
Low - The Invisible Way

I'm loving all three of these albums. And, sadly, I'm still having a hard time remembering which songs belong to which band. That's what happens when you listen to a LOT of good, new music in a really short time-span. Go check all these guys out.

And check out my stuff, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment