Monday, February 15, 2010

Life Gets a Little More Complicated - Or is it Less?

I've been told - multiple times today - that I need to "practice what I preach", as they say. I've always told people - mostly young people - that they have to dream big and follow those dreams until the end - either until they achieve them or until they die trying. I nuance the idea a bit more, but that's the gist of it.

Today, I had to tell a bunch of people that I will be spending a lot more time working on my music in the coming months, and that I won't have a lot of extra time to spend with them. They all understood, and wished me the best, but it's still hard to say "no" to them - especially when you've said "yes" for so long.

Today, I have begun the difficult process of radically changing my normal behavior in order to pursue a single goal with undivided devotion. This is the end and the beginning - of something bigger than I am. And I invite you along for the ride. Won't you join me?

What are your dreams? What is your vision? What is holding you back, keeping you from pursuing that one thing that you want? Well, I have to say, at least for myself, that the one thing I want is actually, really the sum of three or four things. I believe they all work toward the same ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment