Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Resolutions

Many of you know that I really take new year resolutions quite seriously. This year, I have kept my resolutions quite simple - mainly so that I can keep them:

1. Read a minimum of four, excellent books.

On the list this year are one classic, one novel, and two philosophy/theology books:
  • Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (in English, unfortunately)
  • The Reason for God by Tim Keller
  • The Forty Days of Musa Dagh by Franz Werfel
  • The City of God by Saint Augustine of Hippo
2. Pray for my family every day.

Contrary to popular belief, I actually do think that prayer can change things. If I actually believe it works, then I should actually do it; and who better to pray for than the people with whom I share most of life?

3. Climb 5.11a.

For those of you who are familiar with the world of climbing, you already know what this means and how difficult it is. I currently climb a weak 5.10b.

No comments:

Post a Comment