Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Have You Ever Wondered?

Have you ever wondered why, as a little kid in elementary school, everyone told you that you could save the environment by cutting the plastic rings on a 6-pack of soda? Yeah, it has always bothered me - even then - and I finally figured out why... So here was their rationale: cutting the rings meant that no bird or fish could get caught in one of the rings. And now I am asking you, right here, right now, why would this piece of plastic ever end up in a body of water where this sort of thing would even be possible!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!? That's right. I guess people back then were actually okay with our trash getting dumped in to oceans and lakes and rivers and streams. They must have figured that, at the very least, if they couldn't prevent it, maybe they could try to minimize the damage(?). I don't know. How Ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment