Thursday, March 18, 2010

The National Bone Marrow Registry






This afternoon, I requested a bone marrow test kit from marrow.org, the official, national marrow donor program website. Sometimes, the cost to register is free because of donations the program receives. A friend of mine asked me to sign up (her dad needs a donor), so I took some time to read through the literature, talk with my wife about it, and fill out the paperwork. It's surprisingly easy to do, and the only thing you have to do when you get the kit is take a quick saliva swipe and mail it back.

I'd encourage you all to take just a few minutes to read up on being a donor. I know you've heard it all before, but marrow is one of those things - like air - that we all take for granted. To hear the story of my friend's dad, you can watch the video on his website, here: http://www.carlstam.org/stemcelldrive/

Thank you all for your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment